We deliver profitable and responsible solutions for agriculture and the environment.
|We provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers worldwide.||The number of tons of NOx emissions that we helped our customers reduce in 2015. This is equivalent to more than the total annual emissions in France.||The number of people we help feed through the use of our crop nutrition solutions.|
- Revenues (2016): CAD 14.7 billion (CAD 19.3 billion in 2015)
- EBITDA (2016): CAD 2.4 billion (CAD 3.6 billion in 2015)
- Fertilizer sales (2016): 27.2 million tons (26.5 million tons in 2015)
- Industrial sales (2016): 6.9 million tons *including feed phosphates and CO2 (7 million* tons in 2015)
- Number of employees (2015, at year-end): 12,883 (12,073 in 2014)
- Established as Norsk Hydro in 1905, demerged as Yara International ASA in 2004
- President and CEO since September 2015: Svein Tore Holsether
- Headquartered in Oslo, Norway: Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange
- Global presence with operations and offices in more than 50 countries and sales to more than 150 countries
We are the world’s largest producer of ammonia, nitrates and NPKs, providing the foundation of Yara’s fertilizer and industrial solutions.
We offer the market’s most complete portfolio of mineral fertilizers and solutions for sustainable agriculture – covering all necessary nutrients for most crops.
We provide complete solutions for the improvement of air and water quality, including NOx abatement, odor control, water treatment and corrosion prevention.
We have a wide range of nitrogen and specialty chemicals in addition to animal nutrition and civil explosive solutions.
Our supply chain plays an expert role in realizing Yara’s scale advantages and serving the operating segments with cost competitive and high quality raw materials.